This movie is about a Christian student taking a philosophy course at a secular university with an atheist professor who requires the class to sign a sheet saying "God is dead." Spoiler alert: the student refuses and after some setbacks successfully argues that God exists.
- Arguments for God's existence fail.
- Evil and suffering show God doesn't exist (or make it highly probable God doesn't exist).
- God is a logically incoherent concept (thus can't be true).
- Incarnation is a logically incoherent concept (thus can't be true).
- Reports concerning Jesus' resurrection are not reasonable to believe (because miracles are maximally improbable).
- God is irrelevant to ethics.
- Real/ objective moral values are illusory (ethics are mere agreements or what's useful).
- Human life isn't sacred (when asked what to do with the starving, one ethics professor answered "let them starve"; and some philosophers say the unborn child has the worth of a squirrel).
- Most forms of sexual behaviour are okay if consensual.