|Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (photo credit: World Wrestling Entertainment)|
[Also, “shackles” should be hackles. Thanks to Chris H. for pointing this out in the comment section.]
- On Forcing Your Religion via Canada’s Transgender Rights Bill. (I don't mean to brag, but this article won a prize in an op-ed contest on freedom of speech over at Political Animal Magazine, which is, as far as I can tell, not a conservative publication.)
- Canada's Transgender Rights Bill Is Incoherent—And That's a Concern.
- Transgender Preferred Pronouns?
About the question of transgenders and bathrooms, see this article:
- a man claiming to be a woman pummels an actual woman to win a women's mixed martial arts event
- a man claiming to be a woman wins first place in a women's cycling competition
- a man claiming to be a woman wins a women's weight-lifting competition
- a boy claiming to be a girl dominates a girls' track-and-field event
- various men claiming to be women prefer to use women's change spaces, showers, toilets
- a man claiming to be a six-year-old girl likes the reduced responsibilities associated with being a little girl instead of an adult man
- a man claiming to be a woman gets moved to a women's detention centre
- a man claiming to be a woman goes into a women's shelter
- a man claiming to be a woman wins a beauty pageant
- more and more teens seem to see what some researchers have called “rapid-onset gender dysphoria” as a means to gain social status in an identity-politics peer culture (some researchers have described this as a “social contagion”)
- For help for those who struggle with sexuality issues, see the websites for Journey Canada or Living Out or Restored Hope Network.
- For a look at some science-based arguments that question the wisdom of promoting sex (heterosexual sex as well as non-heterosexual sex) at an early age, see Miriam Grossman's book, You're Teaching My Child WHAT? A Physician Exposes the Lies of Sex-Ed and How They Harm Your Child.
- For a careful philosophical as well as scientific look at the transgender issue, see Ryan T. Anderson's book, When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment. Plus see this 59 minute video which, refreshingly, shows pros AND cons concerning the transgender issue: Transgender Kids: Who Knows Best? Also see Gender Dysphoria in Children: Understanding the Science and Medicine, which is a video discussion (1 hour, 8 minutes) with Michelle Cretella, MD (President, American College of Pediatricians), Paul Hruz, MD, PhD (Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Endocrinology, Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine), and Allan Josephson, MD (Professor and Division Chief, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Louisville), hosted by Ryan T. Anderson, PhD (Senior Research Fellow in American Principles and Public Policy, Heritage Foundation). See also the American College of Pediatricians' document Gender Ideology Harms Children. For a gay man's argument against banning conversion therapy for transgender children, see Marcus Gregory's article, “How Conversion Therapy Bans Will Trap Transgender Children.”
- For testimonies of former transgender people, see the DVD Tranzformed: Finding Peace with Your God-given Gender.
- On the Bible and the transgender issue, see Andrew T. Walker's book, God and the Transgender Debate: What Does the Bible Actually Say about Gender Identity?