|From Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale 1985|
(Folio Society edition, illustrated by Anna & Elena Balbusso)
- Placard 1: The Handmaid's Tale is not a manual. – Margaret Atwood.
- Placard 2: Forced pregnancy kills.
- Placard 3: Sex is not consent to impregnate. It takes two. But only one dies on a back alley abortion table. Pro-choice saves lives.
- Placard 4: You trust God but not a doctor? Who is the dinosaur now?
- Placard 5: If I wanted government in my womb, I'd f*#k an MP.
The significance of this number may be difficult to grasp, so think about the gun control discussion. Compare the abortion number to the number of homicides that occur yearly in Canada.
o Shout your abortion? September 6, 2018
o Aborting Trudeau's (other) abortion argument, January 30, 2018
o Canada Summer Jobs kerfuffle, January 18, 2018
o About my abortion columns, October 26, 2017
o Resisting the Culture of Death, October 11, 2017
o Ideological investigative journalism, February 16, 2017
o Abortion, February 2, 2017
o About outlawing abortions, November 24, 2016
o Untangling abortion arguments, November 9, 2016
o We need an abortion law, October 12, 2016
o Beyond the abortion wars, August 8, 2016
o We need an abortion law, September 3, 2015
o We need an abortion law, May 29, 2014
o Aborting the least of these, May 15, 2014
o Euphemisms: The good, the bad, and the ugly, March 28, 2013
o Reflections on Motions 312 and 408, October 4, 2012
o Is the fetus a human being? May 10, 2012
o Abortion in the news (part 2), November 9, 2011
o Abortion in the news (part 1), October 20, 2011
o On abortion, again, October 16, 2008
o Acorns and oak trees…and abortion, October 2, 2008
o Aborting an abortion argument, September 18, 2008
o Morgentaler's abortion of logic, September 4, 2008
o Crisis Pregnancy Centre of Winnipeg